Friday, September 15, 2006

Accommodation in Seoul and else where...

Normally I would travel on a $20 accommodation budget with a maximum of $50. But it seems that as I get older, I am getting softer, I have lots of equipment now. So perhaps I need to double this budget. I have booked my first three nights in Seoul. It is not a modern hotel, as these are very expensive. The plan is to stay in traditional accommodation where it is available and not too expensive. So I am staying in a Korean Gesthouse called Tea GuestHouse. The link comes resplendent with photos of the guest house. This is a good marketing ploy, and farther on there is a reasonable map.
I have fond another site with lists of traditional accommodation places. I have decided to rent a car. This gives the advantage of getting to some of these more remote places, and is not that expensive. (Though I have not fully investigated this.) I expect that my International Drivers license, now over 4 years old, has probably expired, so I need to add getting a new one to the to-do list. Driving around England and Germany was certainly worth-while.
What I need is a traveling companion. In Korea they charge by the room, so the cost for two people is normally only $1 to $10 more expensive than the cost for one person.

No comments: