Saturday, December 23, 2006

Danyang (단양)

Danyang is a town in the mountains of Chungbuk province.

I spent two nights there. On the first night there was a concert that was to do with a national celebration of the sillia kingdom and was broadcast live on national TV on SBS. The second day I went to Guinsa, over an hour by bus. This will be in another set. Returning to Danyang after lunch, I went to the cave across the river. Back in Danyang there were more celebrations. The three western girls I met in the cave were surprised when the boys were coming up to me in the market and giving hugs. We also were given quite a few freebies of food to sample. I very much enjoyed my time in Danyang.

Some people here were discussing if Melbourne and Adelaide are more cosmopolitan than Sydney. I think I agree with them.

crab

No comments: